I can hardly believe I'm going to say this, but today I am thankful for the move. I am thankful to be cleaning out closets and cabinets, and in the process of doing so, I'm feeling lighter and lighter.
Also today I found the missing DS which I took and hid in a moment of anger from the 10yo six months ago. I hid it so well that even I couldn't remember where it was. I have felt really bad about its missing status. I can't remember now what even happened to cause me to take it, but it surely wasn't a sin bad enough to lose the use of for six months (I'm definitely snagging that 2011 Mother of the Year award.). I also found my long-lost diamond earrings that Leonard gave me for graduation. They've been gone a couple of years at least.
So, it was a good day. We won't talk about how many rooms in our home look like this:
So thank you State Department for saving us from our eventual hoarding demise.
We have outgrown our house, and will be leaving when our lease is up. I cannot even begin to imagine what I will find when we start packing up! We have been here for 9 years, have had 4 children, 3 dogs and 3 cats live under this roof with us... it's going to be interesting!
ReplyDeleteI am thankful that we have moved several times in the last 10 years. It is great to clean out the old and start fresh with something new!! The one time we moved we actually filled a 40yd dumpster with all of our junk..... And that was with only 2 kids at the time. I hope you find some more missing items!!
ReplyDeleteSo funny about the DS! 6 months...that should teach 'em!
ReplyDelete